Dr. Ellen Burts-Cooper is the senior managing partner of Improve Consulting and Training Group, a firm that provides personal and professional development training, coaching and consultation. Improve has been featured in Time Magazine, Black Voices, Smart Business Magazine and Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
Dr. Burts-Cooper is on faculty at Case Western Reserve University in the Weatherhead Executive Education Program, The Institute for Management Studies (IMS) and The Supreme Court of Ohio Judicial College. She is also the author of the book “Canine Instinct: A Guide to Survival and Advancement in Corporate America.”
She earned a BS in chemistry from Stillman College in Tuscaloosa, AL, her PhD in organic/polymer chemistry from Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA, her MBA from the University of Minnesota, Carlson School of Business and her Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification from 3M Company.
You can listen to Ellen on her segment, “Improve Your Day with Dr. Ellen,” aired on Wavelengths, The Wave 107.3
- January 4, 2015: “Goal Setting”
- February 1, 2015: “Overcoming Roadblocks to Professional Success”
- March 1, 2015: “Teamwork and Team Building”
- April 5, 2015: “Proactive vs. Reactive Management”
- May 3, 2015: “The Power of Vision”
- June 7, 2015: “Emotional Intelligence”
- July 5, 2015: “Understanding Human Interaction in the Workplace – DiSC Assessment Profile Styles”
- August 2, 2015: “Strategic Conversations”
- September 6, 2015: “Don’t Just Think Outside the box, Make the Box Bigger”
- October 7, 2015: “Generosity”
- November 1, 2015: “Communication”
- December 6, 2015: Continuous Improvement & Personal Accountability
Check out the new 2017 segments!
- April 30, 2017: Improve Overview and Healthy Living: APR 30 Wavelengths Community Affairs
- May 28, 2017: Improve Consulting – Dr. Ellen Burts-Cooper discusses wealth and wealth management
You can now purchase Improve Consulting’s most requested professional development training courses, complete with facilitator guides, workbooks and activities (all materials are fully customizable). For more information and a list of available courses