Improve Consulting and Training Group offers many services to increase the effectiveness and productivity of your team in a fun and engaging way. Improve provides training, team building, coaching and consulting services.
WHAT IS LEAN?
Henry Ford defined the lean concept in one sentence: “We will not put into our establishment anything that is useless.”
Lean manufacturing is a system of techniques and activities for running a manufacturing or service operation.
The techniques and activities differ according to the application at hand but they have the same underlying principle: the elimination of all non-value-adding activities and waste from the business.
WHAT IS SIX SIGMA?
Six Sigma is a disciplined methodology that uses data and statistical analysis to enable fact-based decisions, to improve a company’s operational performance by identifying and eliminating defects in manufacturing and service-related processes.
Methodology & Training
The Lean Six Sigma training will provide participants with enhanced problem solving skills through the DMAIC project methodology. This project methodology is broken out into five phases:
- Define the problem, the voice of the customer, and the project goals, specifically.
- Measure key aspects of the current process and collect all relevant data.
- Analyze the data to investigate and verify cause-and-effect relationships. Determine what the relationships are, and ensure that all factors have been considered. Seek out root cause of the defect under investigation.
- Improve or optimize the current process based upon data analysis and techniques such as design of experiments, poka yoke or mistake proofing, and standard work to create a new future state process.
- Control the future state process to ensure that any deviations from target are corrected before they result in defects. Implement control systems such as statistical process control, production boards, and visual workplaces, and continuously monitor the process.